GibCyber is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website or when purchasing a ticket, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GibCyber may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy was updated on 24th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Traffic data through google analytics;
- contact information including name, email address, company name and job title;
- demographic information such as location, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
We may process data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between GibCyber and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
Collecting personal data based on consents:-
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will not be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts:-
We may process personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers and our partner/sponsors.
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We and Our Sponsors may periodically send promotional emails about an event you have purchased a ticket to, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When purchasing an event ticket, you will be asked to comply with our terms and conditions, which allows our sponsors to use your information for direct marketing purposes only. You will also have the option to opt out by selecting that you do not comply with our terms and condition at point of purchase.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us at connect@ gibcyber.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How long do we keep your personal information
We will only retain your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purpose outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
Your rights to your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise these rights then please contact us at connect@ gibcyber.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.